8.1.11

Continue


I have so many great people in my life.
It's almost ridiculous.

I have had the greatest break ever, and I am so happy that I got to spend so much time with my family and dear friends. Blessed is an understatement. A lot has changed during this time away from school.....engagements, new spiritual promptings, friends leaving on missions...it's sort of insane. It all goes so fast. For a moment, I wonder if things will ever be the same again.

Then I thought of this scripture I read last night.
I was just reading some verses in the EPIC D&C section that talks about marriage and becoming Gods, and came upon a phrase that was extremely interesting and fascinating.
D&C 132:20
"...therefore shall they be from everlasting to everlasting,
because they continue
.."

Say what?

because they continue.

It was like a humongous light fell from the sky and directed its rays right on that phrase.What does this mean? Here's my interpretations that I felt coming into my little head. First off, isn't this a phenomenal testament that our journey, adventure...whatever you prefer, goes on? It NEVER ends!
"shall they be from everlasting to everlasting"! I don't know about you, but that's pretty amazing stuff right there.

So then there's our little "because they continue" friend.
My thoughts? Because they press forward. Amiss the hardships and trials of their life, they moved and progressed. Doesn't perseverance lead to Godliness? I believe with all my heart: YES
They continue on their journey. No steps are wasted. Yes, the tears may fall and the hills may seem too much, but doesn't the earth need rain for cleanliness and renewal and hills to create a marvelous landscape? With this in mind, it leads to everlasting life. It is ours! On that day when you are ready to throw the towel in and just want to sink into a hole, say to yourself:

"NO! I will continue! Because if I do, I have an incredible gift waiting for me! And let me tell you, it's more than I could ever imagine...more than I could ever want.
To be EVERLASTING.
And inherit Eternal Life."

And that is why I continue.

My love to you all.
What a break it has been.

Love always,
Little Besty

No comments:

Post a Comment