17.10.10

Once upon a time there was a young woman who was the luckiest person in the world. ;)

It just so happened that Little Besty turned the age of 19 on this day of October 17th. Twas wonderful to say the least. I have thought long and hard about what to do for my birthday post...and the same thing kept coming back to my mind. So I probably should go with it, right?

This whole weekend I have felt so humbled and extremely blessed. I am lucky. It's as simple as that. There were so many moments where tears of joy filled my eyes and my heart swelled with joy as I recognized how wonderful life is. So, in the name of President Monson, I find it quite appropriate to celebrate day of birth by telling all of you a few things I am grateful for, in particular what I'm grateful for this weekend.

I am grateful for...
*My dearest family. I am so blessed that they love me and take care of me. I know I don't deserve it but it's a tender mercy he has given me.
*I can say I know the true definition of friend because I am surrounded by beautiful, incredible people who enrich my life everyday. They are such wonderful lights in my life and I am so glad that I have my buddies.
*I have a place to call home. I walk in the doors of my house that I've lived in for 19 years and know inside I have a "home". It is a place I feel safe.
*Sunshine. Glorious sunshine.
*Rain. What a way to cleanse the earth.
*Microwave cake. Who would have thought.
*I have a knowledge..all on my own, that God lives.
*The priesthood is so real. So real. Power of God given to men!
*Deacons. They are so humble and small and I am so grateful they pass the sacred sacrament to me every sunday.
*Priesthood leaders that know me and care about me.
*My roommate. Gypsy is such a phenomenal young woman. I'm glad she takes care of me...even though I drive her nuts a lot.
*Little children.
*Singing!
*My beautiful mom and amazing Daddy.
*My Aunt Cheri
*Pillows
*Water bottles
*How much good there really is in this world. It is MIRACULOUS!
*Friendly people.
*Technology, when used right.
*Books. Glorious Books!
*My scriptures
*Sweats

Just to name a few. ;) Seriously, I feel so filled with the spirit that I could create an avalanche or tidal wave! Ah! I love this feeling. When you just know that life is so fantastic. Ah. Ah. Ah.

Today I....

*Ate cake.
*Feel asleep on my pillow
*Missed my highland singles ward
*Went to my highland singles ward
*"Fish!!!" said Hi to me. I love her.
*Was very very brave :)
*Talked to a dear friend
*Realized how lucky I am...
*Got lots of hugs
*Happy Birthday!
*Cut my sister's bangs
*Watched children color and thought of my own little future kids
*Thought about my husband
*Felt the spirit
*More fully understood the sacrament
*Felt really happy when Brother Mark Dahl called me "Ally Best.." and gave me a handshake
*Went to three mission farewells
*Missed childhood
*Ate rice pilof!
*Didn't know how to spell pilof...
*Loved my Aunt Cheri
*Carried a lot of stuff
*Sang at a fireside
*Felt bad that a friend is moving away...
*Saw a dear dear friend who is awesome and so great and just wonderful.
*Missed late night talks with William
*Actually walked and danced in the rain all by myself. Who thought you could have such a fantastic birthday and top it off with such a magical thing like dancing in the rain? Thanks for that one.
*Cried
*Laughed
*Life is good
*Ate Chicken-in-a-Biscuit
*"I am a Child of God"

I have so much to share today! I could go on forever! K. One quote though I read 5 million today it feels like.

"Happiness is the realization of God in the heart. Happiness is the result of praise and thanksgiving of faith, of acceptance, a quiet tranquil realization of the love of God". -White Eagle

Today is an epic day. Not because it is my birthday, but because it is simply just a good day. Everyday is a good day. It just depends how you look at it.

I love thee world. I am so blessed and humbled at the chance to become better and better...to prepare for the temple..to be given the greatest gift of all, the love of God. Take care this day and always. Thank you to Everyone. You all contribute to this world and I want to recognize you. ;) Have a phenomenal day.

Love always,
Little Besty

No comments:

Post a Comment