9.12.11

Beat up

I am really happy when I sing.

One time,
I thought singing wasn't for me
anymore.

I felt beat up.
Like it could only be for fun
and that I needed to become
something like an English teacher instead.

It was like I was just
"another person with a voice".

I was done.
And done with the stage.


Then I got a little blessing.
And it gave me encouragement
to keep at...for a very long time
past what I was thinking
in my beat up head.

{~}

What is it inside words and feelings
that change us?
That cause the heart and brain
to "re-wire" and be happy again
after a time of unrest?

I don't have the answer
to that question.
I'm still figuring it out.

But I do know,
it happens.
And it's possible.

I can re-wire.
My dreams can come back
into the picture,
even after I feel like
I don't stand a chance
anymore.

Happy weekend!

Love always,
Little Besty





1 comment: