18.8.11

Fear-less

I have this little dove message
that sits, {quite gracefully}
on my right.

It reads:

"Be fearless"

What does that mean?
Does that mean that
I have to get over my fear
that the wicked step-mother
from snow-white is still under
my bed, waiting to grab
my legs?

Because I'm still afraid
of that.

Does it mean that
I have to get over
the sluggish, slimy,
oozing creatures
that were dared to be
given a name?
A name such as...
Snail?

Because I'm still afraid
of those.

Does it mean that
I can't ever dread
having the ones I love
most be disappointed
in something I did?

Because I'm still afraid
of that.

No.

Being fearless
means facing
your inner most
displeasure...
the one that makes
your tummy and heart
weezy...
and taking a step.

You don't have to
turn the night light
off instantly.

You don't have to
get over the pain
from the one you loved
who broke your heart
in a fleeting wink.

No.

All He asks
is that we give it
a shot.

Try to see
the big picture.

And be fearless
in our attempts
to conquer our fears.

We aren't perfect.
We aren't experts
at this life.

But we are loved.
And loved by a being
that knows how to love
you PERFECTLY.

A higher love
does not exist
in all the cosmos.

Cosmos!

So?

Let go.
Take a breath.
and..

Be fearless.

Love always,
Little Besty


1 comment: